2013 Bike Around the Bay, sponsored by
Tour the scenic and picturesque countryside of the Texas upper coast roadways while visiting the bay area towns of Baytown, Anahuac, Galveston, Texas City, Bacliff, Kemah, Seabrook, and La Porte. Be part of the fascinating environment of the many bay coves and inlets while cycling with your friends and family on a 2-day tour of Texas' coastal assets. The overnight stay in Galveston, Texas at Moody Gardens will be the high point of the day's journey and promises to relax and to re-energize the rider for the Day 2 excursions. On Day 2, the riders leave the island to return to the main land via the Galveston Bay Causeway and will continue to explore the coastal region - cycling through Texas City, Kemah, Seabrook, and La Porte before concluding the ride at Barbers Hill ISD where it started.
- Ride around Anahuac National Wildlife Refuge before heading south to the Gulf at High Island, the highest point on Gulf Coast between the Yucatan Peninsula and Alabama.
- See bottle-nose dolphins while crossing from Bolivar Peninsula to Galveston on a ferry ride.
- Bike through the historic Galveston Strand area before spending the night at Moody Gardens.
- Cross the Galveston Causeway before heading east to Texas City where you will travel along Skyline Drive and Beach Drive that give views of the Texas City Dike and Galveston Bay.
- Head up the west side of Galveston Bay through the scenic and historic towns of Kemah and Seabrook.
- Cross the Fred Hartman Bridge before heading through Baytown and finishing back at Barbers Hill ISD to complete the route.
> Ride Map
> Galveston Island