Bike Around the Bay
Become a Sponsor
WHO WE ARE
Galveston Bay Foundation is 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving, protecting and enhancing the natural resources of Galveston Bay.
We invite your company to take part in Bike Around the Bay and be recognized as a leader in educating and advocating for the preservation of Galveston Bay. For companies, Bike Around the Bay is a proven solid investment.
- 1,500 riders and volunteers
BIKE AROUND THE BAY BY THE NUMBERS
- Bike Around the Bay is one of the fastest growing cycling events in Texas, expanding 102 percent from 480 riders in 2009 to 969 riders in 2012
- The majority (78.2 percent) of riders responding to a 2012 post-event survey stated that Bike Around the Bay was the “Best of them All” or a “Top Ride” compared to others
- In addition, 96 percent of riders said they would consider participating in Bike Around the Bay again and ninety-two percent said they would encourage other cyclists to participate
- The majority of Bike Around the Bay riders are upwardly mobile, with 73 percent having a bachelor’s or advanced degree and 64 percent have a household income of $75,000 or higher, with 23 percent higher than $200,000.
- Most riders (61.8 percent) come from the greater Houston area, traveling 26 to 50 miles to participate in Bike Around the Bay
BIKE AROUND THE BAY IS AN IDEAL VENUE TO:
- Be part of one of Texas’ largest cycling events, which draws 1,500 participants
- Demonstrate your company’s commitment to local environmental causes and long-term vitality of Galveston Bay
- Build visibility and awareness among a diverse group of riders andvolunteers
- Receive recognition and media attention during Bike Around the Bay and throughout the year as a GBF supporter
Previous sponsors have included Reliant Energy, Samson Energy, Whole Earth Provision Co., Shell, Centerpoint Energy, The Moody Foundation, Waste Management, Accenture and Burns & McDonnell among several other.
> Galveston Bay Foundation